Sunday, February 19, 2012
An Award, An Anniversary and A Special Visit
Exciting things are happening here at LiveBakeLove. We just passed the 6 month mark (yeah!) and are honored to receive the Liebster Award from Louise at Laidoffmom. This award is given from one blogger to another to help bring attention to up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers. LiveBakeLove is definitely a labor of love for us and we are grateful to receive recognition for it however receiving this award is even more meaningful because it comes from someone we admire and respect. Thanks Louise!
There are a few requirements that come along with accepting the award:
1. First and foremost, show your appreciation to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them http://laidoffmom.com/.
2. Share the love by paying it forward. Choose up to 5 blogs to give the award to (should have less than 200 followers).
3. Post the award on your blog and list the blogs you gave the award to with links to their sites.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself.
So, drum roll please....our Liebster awards go to:
1. Rachel at rara's everyday
2. Emily at the brass halo
3. Linda at divaonadetour
4. Michelle at i heart paleo
5. Trevor at trevorlincoln
These bloggers have inspired us in one way or another either by their amazing spirit, showing extraordinary courage under adversity, being brave enough to take the leap of faith into entrepeneurship or sharing their talent and creativity.
Congrats everyone!! While there's no obligation to accept the award, we hope you are as honored as we were!
Now to fulfill the last requirement....here are 5 random facts about LiveBakeLove. Enjoy!
1. I was lucky enough to fulfill my lifelong dream to live in Spain. I lived in Rota, Spain with my husband and 3 boys for four years. It was the best experience of my life and my husband and I plan to retire there one day.
2. I was once mugged at gun point while walking to the bus stop on my way to work early one morning and actually chased after the get-away car on foot when I realized the keys to the Bakery I was working at were in my purse. In retrospect, probably not the smartest move to chase after someone with a gun but I was running on pure adrenaline at the time....
3. My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love the colors, the weather and the food...especially apple pie from Julian.
4. I've been to Europe, Central America, South America, North America and Asia. Even though those places are great, home is still where the heart is.
Faye & Yvonne
5. Yvonne and I have been friends for a long time and have dreamt about opening a Bed & Breakfast with a bakery attached for as long as we've known each other.
While we normally share a recipe with you on Sundays, we actually don't have a recipe to post for you today. Instead I was able to spend the morning with two special friends visiting from China. In honor of their visit, I baked them some special treats LiveBakeLove style featuring two recipes posted here -Lemon Blueberry Bread and The Most Amazing Brownies
The smiles on their faces after giving them the box of home baked goodies was priceless...