Chocolate -Strawberry Brownies
This recipe came about by combining my love of chocolate and strawberries. Could anything be more delicious!
I was trying to find a quick way to fill my craving for both chocolate covered strawberries and brownies. The brownies seemed the easier way to go, as I was feeling a bit too lazy to spend the time making a whole batch of chocolate covered strawberries ..… but I still wanted the strawberries. What’s a girl to do? Hmmm… let me just try these two ingredients together and see what I get. That is what I love about baking, sometimes baking experiments really work! (just remember to write down what you did along the way).
My Chocolate-Strawberry Brownies filled both my needs. Strawberries and Brownies! What could be better! It was also quick! (well, you do have to wait for them to cool from the oven, but if I was making chocolate covered strawberries I would have to wait for them to harden, so either way you need to be patient and wait for the goodness!) The brownie has a moist, rich chocolate flavor (brought out by the addition of coffee), while the chopped strawberries add a tangy, tart flavor that you don’t expect from a brownie. I hope you give these a try!
1/3 cup butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips
¼ cup milk
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon instant coffee
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup of chopped strawberries
1/2 cup Powder sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Line the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with wax paper, then spray the whole inside of the pan, including the wax paper, with Pam. Set aside.
3. In a small sauce pan, combine chocolate chips, butter and milk and melt over low heat, stirring slowly until all chocolate is melted and butter and milk are incorporated. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bow l( or your kitchen aid) combine sugar & the cooled chocolate mixture, stirring until well blended. Add both eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, espresso until well blended. Add the chopped strawberries until they are fully covered in the flour mixture.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
8. Cut and Sprinkle the top of brownies with powder sugar .