STRAWBERRY BANANA MUFFINS WITH A TWIST !
One of my favorite ingredients in the summer is strawberries. You’ll notice that Faye and I use a lot of local, seasonal fruit and vegetables. Aside from supporting our communities, they are the best tasting products you can get. Living in
we’re lucky that our strawberry season extends to most of the summer. I like to use them in sweet dishes like these muffins, cake filling and homemade jams. But if you want to try something a bit more adventurous, cut up a few ripe strawberries and add them on top of a green salad dressed with a delicious balsamic dressing. I promise, you will not be disappointed! California
Happy Cooking Everyone!
Strawberry Banana muffins
½ cup sweet butter (melted and cooled)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup of mashed banana
1 cup of chopped strawberries (make sure you dry them off so they are not wet)
2 ¼ cup flour
¾ cup brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon allspice
3-4 large strawberries sliced for decoration
12 aluminum muffin cups
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Place your muffin cups in the muffin pan. Lightly spray the cup with oil. (this makes it easier to
remove the muffins from the cups)
2. Mix the eggs, vanilla and mashed banana till well blended.
3. Add the melted butter.
4. In a medium size bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice together, until well combined.
5. Add the strawberries to the flour mixture and gently stir until they are well combined.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.